Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

I've been slightly absent...

I realize that I have not posted here in a few months. But that's not because I've been lazy or anything! I decided at the end of last year to stretch my wings and learn something new. My husband is an amazing website designer/coder, and I wanted to help him with his work. So this gal has been learning a little CSS and HTML and all that good stuff!

I wanted to switch to Wordpress anyway, so it seemed like a good time to take the plunge and do it. (Attention all bloggers reading: Wordpress is ten time better than Blogger once you figure out what you're doing!) I also needed to clear my head and decided what I was really going to blog about. So I grabbed a free template and went to work making it my own. Can I just say that I am so proud of myself for learning something new. I never thought I'd learn something like web design, and it is tough! But it is so worth it and so much fun. Shout out to my amazingly patient husband for walking me through.

It took a while to build the site, and I have been posting over there for a little bit while tweaking things. I told a couple of close friends about it who've been able to give great feedback. The site is still being adjusted while I finish things up, and I'm trying to make more time to post over there. All that being said, I'd love to have you all join me on this new journey of webdesign and blogging.

It is named "Moments on our Journey" from the song by Chris Machen. The song is a favorite of mine. And really, that's what blogging is to me: sharing moments on my journey with you, my readers. I'd love for you to share your moments with me on Twitter or by commenting whether you live in Minnesota, Canada, South Africa or North Carolina! (Yes, I have readers from all of those places and more!)

Love you all!!

Please change your bookmarks and feed readers to: http://www.momentsonourjourney.com

3 comments:

  1. yay! I love the new one! Wordpress scares me though; totally different from what I'm used too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are some of the ways Blogger and Wordpress differ? I've had it up to here with Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @April Hi April,

    It would take a book to explain all the differences, but the main one is that you have much more control over your formatting and site design. Wordpress is a little hard to learn starting out, but it's definitely easier to customize. I recommend reading a few "getting started" guides before making the switch, and then playing with your Wordpress account to get it set up before you switch your site over. Blogging with Amy has a super article on that: http://bloggingwithamy.com/how-to-move-from-blogger-to-wordpress-2/

    Hope this helps!
    ~Holly

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails