Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Baltimore and Random

Amy answered my last "where was this pic taken?" correctly- the Baltimore Aquarium in the Baltimore Harbor.  Stephen, the Google Maps expert, agreed with her.  We visited the harbor right after my sophomore year of college, and is now on my top ten list of favorite places to visit.  My parents and aquatic-loving sister went to the over-priced aquarium while I elected to peruse the bookshelves at the local Barnes and Noble.  After I was done there, I spent an hour walking around the harbor and people-watching.  It was amazing.


Now, because I have nothing else at all to blog about- 30 random things....

1. I would like to live anywhere in the country except the southeast. (The irony of the fact that I reside in North Carolina right now has not escaped my notice, thank you.)  Having said that, if I had to move somewhere tomorrow I would move to the suburbs of Columbus, Ohio and live there happily for the rest of my life.  

2. I hate dumb drivers. You know- the ones who pull out in front of you and then go 10 mph under the speed limit...yeah those ones.  And I always drive 5 mph over the speed limit unless a cop is behind me. It runs in the family what can I say?

3. I have been known to be rather verbal with the dumb drivers listed in #2 above.  

4. Andrew and I were friends for a year before we started dating, but when I found out he liked me, I was so mad.  I was kinda anti-dating at the time.  Or maybe it was anti-guys, I can’t remember.  I had just gotten out of a relationship and was not ready for another guy to come along.  God had different ideas. 

5. I couldn't whistle or blow up a balloon if my life depended on it.  Blame it on the TMJ which I've had since I was in highschool due to injury and grinding my teeth at night. 

6. Mine and Andrew's dream anniversary trip: a tour of Europe. By current calculations, we'll be able to afford to go for our 82nd anniversary.

7. We were married on my parents' 28th wedding anniversary.  We had been dating for 2 years, 6 months, 2 weeks and 1 day.  We had been engaged for 1 year, 1 week, and 1 day.  (Told you this was a random list)  In case you care, we’ve been a couple for 3 years, 6 days.

8. I have always wanted to go on a missions trip, but my church never went on one when I was growing up, and I was too busy working to pay for college to go on one during the summer.  It’s my biggest regret from college.

9. I hate shopping for capris.  I'm too short.  

10. I hate shopping for my husband's shoes. His feet are too big.  We're quite the pair, let me tell you.

11. I have never gotten pulled over for speeding.  I know you read #2 and were thinking otherwise.

12. My dream car is a minivan.  Has been since I was really young.  I was born to be a soccer mom!

13. Having said that, I refuse to drive anything larger than a minivan (Dodge Caravan size), so we will not have more than 5 children.  No lie.  (And for everyone thinking that it was all my decision- Andrew doesn’t want more than 5 either.)

14. My favorite age groups of children to work with are infants and teenagers.  Stick me in a room with 20 9-year olds and I will freeze in panic.  

15. My favorite joke ever: What do you call a dyslexic atheist with insomnia?

16. I love looking at ideas for baby stuff even though we don't plan on having kids for another 2 years or so.  (Sorry to disappoint the potential aunts and uncles who read this.) 

17. My life Bible verses: Hebrews 12:1-2.

18. We can't wait to get a dog.  We will have to wait until we move though, because our landlords don't allow pets.  Sad story.

19. We want a small-ish indoor dog.  We love the Havenese breed for a ton of reasons (hypoallergenic- don’t shed at all, cute, don’t bark, cute, healthy, love company, cute, and live a long time), but they cost a pretty penny from breeders. (If anyone knows of an inexpensive Havanese or Havanese mix that needs a good home, you know who to contact.)

20. I strongly dislike all other kinds of pets.  

21. My dad owned beagles my entire life.  Duchess, Rosie, Lexie, Lady, Candy, Buckeye, Rusty, Trixie, Bandit, and I think that's it.  Currently it’s Candy and Buckeye.

22. Rosie was our favorite, sweetest, most obedient, and longest-living dog.  We had to put her down on Christmas Day.  Worst Christmas ever.  We all cried.  I'm getting teary-eyed just thinking of it.  Moving on…

23. I have never been outside of the US or west of Wisconsin. Until last month, the furthest south I had been was northern Georgia (not counting the Atlanta airport).

24. We have the names picked out for our first son and first daughter, with possibilities on the next two as well.  

25. NO! We're not pregnant!  And NO! we're not saying what the kids names are until they are born.  Sorry. We have our (very good) reasons for this.

26. My least favorite thing in the house to clean: the bathtub.

27. Answer to the joke in #15: A man who stays up all night wondering if there really is a dog.

28. Andrew does the dishes several times a week for me.  I don't know if it's because we've been married less than a year or not.  Ask me in 2 years.

29. I am a fan of Martha Stewart. And if my house ever looked as neat, decorated, and organized as hers I would die of happiness.  Good thing that will never happen.

30. I am beginning to care less and less what people think and more and more of what God thinks. It's a wonderful thing.  

For the two of you still reading- have a terrific weekend and a wonderful Sunday worshipping the Lord!!

5 comments:

  1. Do you mean that we have to wait for another 3 years to be an aunt or uncle???? ;(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so even though I knew you two were going to wait awhile to have kids, I"m still disappointed that I have to wait a couple more years to spoil an adorable little niece or nephew. :'( *Sigh*
    And you forgot Dottie...she was before Candy...we got rid of her cause she barked too much, I think? Mom and Dad got rid of her while we were at camp and then got Candy that same week...I think.
    And I LOVE the dog you're wanting to get...soooo cute!!!! I suppose you're not going to get one of those for a couple of years either? Sadness...I can't even have a dog "niece" or "nephew" to spoil :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was funny, and I did make it all the way through... it took me two tries though (I ran out of blogging time yesterday and just had to finish reading the rest today!) I hope the south east grows on you. And have you talked to the people at the animal shelter about the kind of dog your looking for? they can put you on a waiting list for any type of dog... don't worry they're not all abused, malnurished dogs they're just not wanted :( Enjoyed your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Holly! My friend told me about your blog, she found it when she was trying to find mine, which has the same title "An Expected End", but I had to use a different address for mine as you were using my 1st choice. Well, that was today, and I asked her to help me keep an eye out to see if the address came up available, and then I decided to look at your blog to see what else we might have in common, beside a favorite scripture;) Please let me know if you would be willing to give up the address, as it looks like you have stopped using it...you can look at my blog at www.mission2tim22@blogspot.com
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails