Pages

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Momentary Thoughts:

In honor of the fact that it's "Back to College Time" (at least in our neck of the woods), here are some random thoughts on the 5 things I couldn't do without as a college student.  

1. A lot of comfy blankets- Even going to school down in hot and humid NC, I still loved my blankets.  They were great for cuddling up in and studying on those dark winter nights before finals!

2. Crates- I use these for everything.  One held all my piano books down in the music wing of the college.  Another couple stacked together worked great for a little bookshelf.  I put my printer on top of one and it made a great stand for that.  You can't go wrong with Walmart crates!

3. Plastic drawer caddy- This was great just to be able to have a piece of furniture that was all mine since I shared dressers and the desk with my roomies.  The one pictured is the one from my first couple of years at school.  I upgraded to a bigger one by my last year (read: I had a whole lot more stuff). 


4. Camera- I have some of my favorite memories from my college years on my computer because I had a great little camera that I could use to capture them.  Seriously, don't leave home without it. 

5. Vera Bradley- Ok, not the entire line, even though some girls might....  I *love* her Zip ID Case. Seriously, I still use one today, even though I'm out of college.  I could just put my cell phone in the zipper part, attach my dorm and car keys to the key ring, put my student ID in the window slot, and be off without having to lug a bag or purse around everywhere.  Today I still use it to hold all my keys and my driver's license.  It's amazing, and for $10 you can look cute too!
Those are just a few of my favorites from my college days.  Does anyone else have some good tips for what to take to college?

**(Photo)Credit where it's due: Vera Bradley Case 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails